- I redesigned my guest bathroom. Last summer, I had taken a picture that I love in New York. I have been wanting a place to put it so I redecorated my bathroom to give it a spot. I seriously need the college to offer my lone design class that I need for graduation. Whenever I start design projects in school I never have the urge to redo my entire house, which really saves money!
- Some people are so much nicer outside of the work environment. We attended a barbeque with an ex coworker. While at work she was a vicious dictator. However, outside of the confines of our building she was so pleasant to talk to. I guess work really does bring out the worst in some people. Everyone should just lighten up at work though. I mean, who wouldn't rather be sitting on the beach with an umbrella in their drink, but unless our last name in Hilton, most of us have to drag ourselves to work. We may as well make the most of it.
- Speaking of work, my boss asked me if I would like to work on Saturdays. Asking someone if they would like to work on Saturdays is like asking if you would like to get a root canal. I politely said "No I would not like to, but I have a feeling I am going to be doing it anyway".
- I am on a mission to get my friend a date. He is 29 and has never had a girlfriend. My other friend, Adrienne, and I have decided that we are on a mission to get him out of the house and find him someone. He is scared of girls, so scared in fact that he will not even go to places like Hooters. While those orange short shorts are kind of scary, the girls are harmless. We have our work cut out for us. Wish us luck! If anyone has any tips for us to help him out they would be greatly appreciated.
- While pondering my friend and his dating issues I came up with a great business idea. I keep hearing about that Just Lunch dating service. The idea behind it, as far as I understand, is that if you go for lunch and do not like the other person you can leave quicker than if it were for dinner. I would like to one up them and call my dating service, Just Coffee...Just in Case You're Ugly. The word ugly could also be interchanged with a pervert, creepy, smelly. The possibilities are endless.
- My friend thought that I was crazy today when I told her I was teaching Barkley how to speak Spanish. I tell him in Spanish when he has something in his eye and he will close his eyes for me to get it out, (yes I know this is gross as my husband tells me everyday). I don't think that it is strange, especially since he is a Chihuahua! In my opinion he is pretty darn smart! After all he knows more Spanish that his human father Gabe!
- My fish died. He lived for over a year, but he passed away this week. He had a good life for a fish. He traveled with us several times when we left town for the hurricanes. Let me tell you my mom was none too happy to have to carry the little travel aquarium, but I didn't want my fish blown away by a storm! She thought she was getting it easy when I took the two puppies and she got the fish. After have fishy water slosh all over her, she realized she made a big mistake! I have decided to give up the aquarium for now.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
I thought I was getting old when they played all of my favorite 80's hairbands on VH1 classic. I knew I was getting older when the things that I wore in junior high came back as being retro cool, (jellies and plastic bracelets anyone)! Now this whole darn facebook thing has me thinking that I am bordering on being an Alzheimer's patient!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Today, after much waiting, my parents became grandparents. Since I am an only child and am too needle phobic to ever have children, their only hope of ever having a grandchild, or should I say grandpuppy, was their little dog Coal.
Coal and Diamond, the next door neighbor, had two little pups today. Unfortunately, one of them passed away. May their little puppy, who was solid black and looked just like Coalie, rest in peace.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
- Nivea Good Bye Cellulite-it may be my imagination, but I swear this stuff works.
- MAC Paint-the perfect thing to add color and will not wear off during the day.
- Body Shop Coconut Butter-this stuff smells FANTASTIC!
- Lip Venom-perfect for plumping, glossing, but doesn't give you a trout pout.
- Garnier Fructice Instant Melting Conditioner-every since I saw this featured on The View I have replaced my more expensive conditioner with this one.
- Burt's Bees Radiance Lotion-this will make you glisten.
- Bobbi Brown Beach-I adore this whole line of products. It smells like a wonderful summer day without you smelling like you are trying out for a Hawaiian Tropics contest.
The above chandelier and caged bird pieces from LeenTheGraphicsQueen's shop are so perfectly girlie that they would be the perfect addition to any bachelorette pad.
LeenTheGraphicsQueen has many other offerings here at:
rEVOLV3rApparel's shop at:
has the above selections, plus many more. I can picture that map looking great behind a desk to update any home office. The card suites would look cool anywhere, but take down that neon sign in your game room and put up this decal and you will have an instant update.
Shanon1972's shop at:
has the above lovelies and many more. The faux carved panels add instant interest and can be made in many different colors. The mirror with bird decals can be placed on a wall to add as a focal point and save you lots of money on furniture.
Just because the economy is bad and we may not all have plenty of cash to burn to decorate our homes, it doesn't mean that they have to cease to be stylish. Wall decals can be a great economical way to liven up our homes without breaking the bank.
This post is one that I have written for my Etsy team this month. Feel free to check out more at: http://designstyleguide.blogspot.com/.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
I think that from this point forward Halle Berry and Angelina Jolie should be disqualified from the competition. They are no doubt beautiful and will be for many, many years to come. They should get some sort of life time achievement award and give some of the new girls a chance. For example, Isla Fisher, she is beautiful, but may never get a chance to be up there unless Angelina gets a huge bout with acne right before People judges next year.
Yeah for Christina Applegate being on the cover. I loved her as Kelly Bundy and I really enjoy Samantha Who. I also appreciate the fact that she gave one of my favorites, Billy Zane, a job! Thanks for that Christina!
Friday, May 1, 2009
It is an adorable website, where I found the cutie above. Now, while I am partial to my own resident pup, Barkley, I must say they have some adorable posts on their site. They are sure to put a smile on your face when you need it most!