Everyone would love to end up like Cinderella, with a pair of pretty glass slippers, a beautiful castle and a handsome prince. Unfortunately, that is just not in the cards for everyone. Not to mention the fact that if everyone were happy all of the advice columnists would be put out of business, Dr. Phil would not have a show and sales of Ben & Jerry's would be down and with these hard economic times everyone needs all of the business that they can get.
Sometimes when a relationship is OVER we just want to turn a blind eye to it. If only we could wake up and see reality it would save a lot of time and energy. Here are some signs that I have noticed that show that a relationship is done:
1. Your significant other looks absolutely miserable in all of your pictures together. In case you don't remember, in Cinderella, prince charming always had a smile when he saw his princess. If your other half has a scowl every time you look at them that is probably not a good sign at all. If they look as if they are trying to make a break for it in every couples picture you take, if they look like they would rather rip their arm off than have you grab it, if they look like they are taking a mug shot rather than a picture with you, just cut your losses now.
2. Your significant other wants to move in, but doesn't want to pay the bills. Do you just want to be a pit stop for someone needing room and board or do you want a relationship? If you are providing room and board, water, electricity and food and not expecting any help you are being taking advantage of. You are not the Hyatt, let him/her find their own place to live.
3. You do not get along with their parents. Now, this doesn't always have to mean the end, there is such a thing as a restraining order! Better yet, you can always follow my golden rule-Marry an orphan!
4. If you tell everyone you are in a relationship, but you haven't seen your significant other for months, they won't return your calls and have already told you a trillion times they want to be single then you need help. If you find yourself talking in third person about your relationship with him/her you need Prozac!
5. If you are making plans to have children, get married, go on a fabulous vacation, etc., with someone who does not want to be with you, then you need to wake up and smell the coffee, my friend!
If someone doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, just consider yourself lucky that they are letting you know now. Life is too short to waste time on people who do not deserve you. Consider a break up your opportunity to find someone who is worthy of you!