Sorry for the lack of updates the past few days. Windows 7 has been the bane of my existence this week. For some unknown reason, well actually it is known after a two hour phone call with the Microsoft help desk but trust me it is a long boring reason, my Windows 7 update was not allowing any of my photos to be downloaded. Basically I couldn't update my blog with any snazzy photos or do anything else with my pictures. Thanks to Gabe and the Microsoft help dude I am now back in action! I have several days of ramblings jotted down to add on my blog. If none of these things blend with the others, please excuse me!
- I am trying to think warm thoughts. Unfortunately Mother Nature is trying to tell me I am insane to daydream about beach umbrellas and boogie boards by bringing record breaking frosty temperatures to Texas. How many days until spring? Please hurry! And if that darn little groundhog sees his shadow I will hunt him down. I don't believe in animal cruelty, but a few more weeks of cold may cause me to change my mind!
- Does it mean my blog has finally gained appeal when I have people trying to gain free advertisement? Today I came home and noticed a lovely comment on my blog in Chinese. After going online to translate this message I found out that they were trying to sell dirty dirty things on my cute little blog here! Message to my dear anonymous poster, just because I have a Sex in the City trailer a few posts below does not mean that you can sell sex in my blog! Cut it out. Thank you kindly!
- What is up with Jay Leno trying to get his old time slot back? Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he want to retire in the first place. Classic case of don't know what you've got until it is gone. I say, bow out gracefully Jay. It isn't fair to take the slot promised to Conan and Lord knows Jay has enough money to last his lifetime if he never works another day.
- There is so much static electricity in my house that I fear there is a high likelihood that I may spontaneously combust every time I turn on a light switch.
- Suze Orman is ruining my Anderson Cooper experience tonight. I love watching Anderson. I feel as if his show is the antidote for all of the reality crap I watch. My line of thinking is that if I know what is going on in Pakistan it is ok if I watch What Not to Wear. It is all about being well rounded, right? ;) Anyway, tonight while I was attempting to gain knowledge, Suze Orman did a segment and in usual Suze Orman form she is about to give me a panic attack. She is so forceful and she talks so fast and oh dear Lord help my brain. I once heard her on some show, Oprah I believe, making fun of a lady who was buying holiday decorations. Does not everyone deserve to live in a lovely home, Suze? Why am I bothering to go to school for interior design if Ms. Orman is trying to shame us in to living in ugly houses! She was focusing on credit card debt, which somehow ended up being likened to a cookie in the cookie jar. Now not only am feeling major guilt over the Christmas ornaments I bought, but I also want a darn cookie! Thanks Suze now I will need medication for anxiety and diet pills! Please look for my bill from Walgreens and send me reimbursement.
- Last night I made a trip to the hospital. A friend is making a very courageous fight against cancer and several of us went to visit her. I have said it before and I will say it again, you only have one chance at life and it is up to you to make it wonderful. All of the petty stuff that people throw at us on a day to day basis is so not important when you see someone having to fight to get healthy. Overlook the negativity and live your life with the goal of extreme happiness. Unless you believe in reincarnation this is your one shot!
- I don't want to end on a sad note, so in happy news I received the results back from Barkley's biopsy. He is fine and dandy. No disease and most importantly to him, no more cone! Gabe wanted to buy him the Snuggie for dogs since he has had a hard week. :) I told Gabe that I could not in good conscious buy something that I so publicly said was ridiculous. The Snuggie stayed at the store and my pride came home!
I warned you they were random thoughts!
So do you all have any exciting plans for the weekend? We were going to go see A Chorus Line, but the thought of wearing a dress to the theater in freezing weather does not sound like a fun Saturday night! I think I would rather stay home with lots o' layers and Redbox rentals!
random but lovely...
You have such a lovely blog. I understand about Windows 7. I had quite a few problems myself. I'm so happy I stumbled upon your blog.
M.M.E.-thank you! I really think Windows XP was better than Windows 7 or Vista. Unfortuately change is not always for the better!
Post a Comment