Lately there have been a lot of new followers to Joy De Vivre! Thank you to all of you who have just found my blog and to all of my great bloggy friends who have been here for some time. I thought now would be a great time to reintroduce myself and some of the cast of characters that you will often see here! me
The little boy-our fuzzy son Barkley
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me
- I work for a medical device company full time. We make an implant and it is very ironic that I work there since I am terrified of blood, doctors and hospitals and can not even watch the video of our device actually getting implanted.
- Gabriel also works with me. Most people wonder how I can work with my hubby, but I find it nice to have someone with me that I know I can talk to when I really have some juicy gossip or just need to vent.
- I am going to school for interior design. I am one class away from graduating, but unfortunately I have been waiting for that one class to be offered for a year.
- I am an only child. The only sister I had was Tina, our border collie that we had for 16 years.
- I love to travel. I think the only real way to learn about a place is to go there and explore.
- If I could meet anyone in the world, that I have not met yet, it would be Dolly Parton. I think she is super cute, fun and can make fun of herself.
- My other role model is Diane Sawyer. She is so smart and pretty, but can still hold her own against the guys on TV.
- I would be most happy in a loft in a big city with a view of beautiful skyscrapers. Don't get me wrong, I love my house now, but I would be perfectly fine without the yard, the lizards, the frogs, etc. Lord forbid the day I see a snake out there, because that will be the day I end up with a FOR SALE sign in the driveway. Just for the record, I live in the suburbs just outside of Houston. I made it sound like I live in the middle of the country which is not the case.
- I LOVE music. Going to concerts is one of my most favorite things to do with for fun. I have a very eclectic taste in music. I love everything from disco,(how can the word boogie not make you smile), pop, 80's hair bands and everything in between.
- I think life is given to us to have fun with it! I try not to ever put off doing anything if I can do it now. My mom always tells me I am going to kill myself trying to have too much fun.:)
Oh even I learned something new- I didn't know you worked with your hubs! Did you guys meet on the job because I thought about writing about dating coworkers. Maybe I'll finally work on it for this coming week :)
Hey Dorkys! We actually met before we started working together. We had dated about a year and a half. We were both looking for jobs and heard about our company that we are with now. We were interviewed together, hired together and now have the same exact job title, but just over different groups!
I know some people couldn't/wouldn't work with their significant other, but for us it totally works. He jokes with all of the ladies and drives them crazy. They tell me I need to come and get him under control. I always tell them he is my problem after 5, but until then he is theirs to deal with and to have fun with that!! LOL!
I think the key is to separate your home and work. You can't start going over to him asking him about things you have to do outside of work or continue an argument you may have had at home. It is funny, but sometimes it takes awhile for new people to know we are married.
Your piece on dating coworkers sounds very interesting! Let me know if you need any insight! One thing I can tell you-when you get married you have one heck of a wedding shower if you both work together!! :)
Thank you Alicia!
Hello ~ I'm new here :) this post's really welcoming.
Hi yulz! Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy it here!
Post a Comment